COVID-19 Precautions - UPDATED 6/30/21
To our Grand Avenue Vet Family and Friends,
We are excited to announce that Grand Avenue Veterinary Hospital will be starting the transition back to more normal operations by reopening our exam-room doors on July 7th. The reception/waiting area will continue to remain closed. Please keep in mind that transitioning back to normal operations will be an ever-changing process just like it was when we had to transition to Curbside Care. There will be some hiccups as we figure out what works best for everyone. Please be patient with us.
Here’s what you can expect during the first phase of opening:
Curbside Care will continue to be an option:
- At this time and until further notice we will continue to offer Curbside Care as a convenience to those not comfortable returning to the in-person visits.
For in-patient appointments and surgeries, food, medications, or other supplies:
- In an effort to continue to provide the most optimal care for our patients and limit the number of clients in the building at once, we will continue to operate with curbside services only. Our team will complete all necessary check-in/out procedures over the phone as we have been and continue to use the front entry way to pick up/return your pet. This includes drop off and pick up for all in-patient appointments, surgery, and dental procedures.
- Our online pharmacy is a great way to refill both food and medications, and they’ll be shipped directly to your door!
For those looking forward to joining your pet for their appointment:
- Call upon arrival for your scheduled appointment. At this time, the check-in process will still be completed over the phone to reduce time in the exam room. Once an exam room becomes available you will be contacted by our team who will meet you at the door and accompany you to an exam room. We ask that each pet-parent remain in the exam room for the duration of their visit. To further ensure the best sanitary practices and for your convenience, the check-out process will be completed in the exam room.
- Please understand that as we learn, adapt, and progress through each phase of our re-opening there may be delays and longer-than-usual wait times. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
- Masks will continue to be required for all team members and any pet-parents joining us inside the building.
- We kindly request that each pet is limited to one human visitor until further notice.
- Our reception/waiting area will remain closed to the public.
We look forward to seeing you all very soon and hope this finds you well. We will communicate any changes as we move through this process.
Dr. Sue Robinson
Dr. Christy Wauhob
and the Grand Ave Vet Team