DO DOGS AND CATS REALLY NEED DENTAL CARE?
Of course they do!
Think about it: you brush your teeth two or three times a day, and sometimes floss, and you still need to have a deep dental cleaning every six months.
Reasons to have your dog or cat’s teeth cleaned:
- To prevent periodontal disease, which is the bacterial invasion of the gums and destruction of the oral soft tissues and underlying bone
- To prevent HEART DISEASE and other ORGAN disease that results from periodontal disease, including kidney and liver disease
- To screen for oral tumors (just found one last month, a melanoma, that needed to be removed)
- To prevent dental pain, and reduce the risk of tooth loss
- To decrease halitosis (bad breath)
- To increase appetite and good nutrition
- For a beautiful smile J